Friday, February 8, 2013

Wedgin'

Wedge sneakers.  They've been popping up all over the place, am I right?  The first time I saw them, I could not stop talking about how ridiculous they are.  If I'm trying to be comfortable and run around town, I do NOT want a heel.  Why would I want my feet to look gigantic?  Who's buying these?  Why do they make any sense?

But they continued to be on the fashion radar, and some of my favorite fashion bloggers, like Julie from Orchid Grey and Ashley from Ring My Bell, continued to rock them like it was their entire purpose in life.

I needed black boots.  I wasn't thinking about wedge sneakers.  Charlotte Russe was having a sale, buy one pair of shoes and get the second pair for $9.  And somehow, sparkly black wedge sneakers ended up in my cart as my second pair.


Not even JUST wedge sneakers, but SPARKLY wedge sneakers.  I can't even tell you how often I  have scoffed at sparkly shoes in the past.  But guys, I'm wearing them like the biggest hypocrite.

(see the difference in lighting from the top and bottom picture?  One was taken in natural light and the other was not.
This is why all my food pictures end up looking yellow...  I can't wait for daylight savings)

And by the way?  They're actually just as comfortable as sneakers.  Okay, wait, I take that back.  Not just as comfortable, but allllllmost as comfortable.  Which is pretty impressive when I'm prancing around in heels.

I guess my point for today is, you know that fashion item you've been scoffing at?  The one you think is just ridiculous and pointless?  Put it on and wear it with confidence.  You might just end up with a new favorite item.

No comments:

Post a Comment