Thursday, February 14, 2013

A Sweet (and quick) Breakfast

Happy Valentine's Day!

I'm one of those people that loves Valentine's Day.  And not because I love being with a significant other, although that's a plus these days.  But one of my most memorable Valentine's Days was a few years ago.  I took the day off work.  I got a dozen roses and gave one to each of my roommates, and two to each of the women in my family.  I spent the day visiting with my mom, meeting my sister at her kids' elementary and playing tag at recess with the kids, driving an hour to see my other sister at work and deliver her flowers (along with a Pepsi).  That evening, I got ice cream and enjoyed the crap out of a RedBox movie.  It was a beautiful day.


And when I'm not celebrating on my own, I'm celebrating at work!  We always do a Valentine's Box contest, and this year, I made Heart2-D2, the Valentine's Robot.  He's a charmer.
(And yes, I was watching Hope Floats in the background.)


BUT!  This year, I DO have a significant other to celebrate with, namely Husband.  I let him know I'd be making breakfast for us before work, and while Husband slept (he was up working til 1:30), I headed to the kitchen to prep breakfast.  And I found this gorgeous bouquet.


He done good.  I was just sad I couldn't take it into work with me.

Breakfast consisted of bacon (Husband's favorite) and fresh pink grapefruit juice:


Granola and raspberries (and a surprise letter):


And sausage, egg, and cheese breakfast biscuits, which I totally forgot to take a picture of.  But here's a smart idea for those on a busy morning--put pre-cooked sausage patties in the bottom of a greased muffin tin, crack an egg over the top, and bake it at 350 for 10-15 minutes til the egg is at your desired doneness.  It saves a lot of dishes and prep time!

Hope your day is filled with love; for family, friends, yourself, and just maybe a significant other as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment