Monday, April 22, 2013

recipe round-up

I've been in kind of a funk lately. is this happening to anyone else? I, as always, am inclined to blame it on the weather. I had so many outdoor plans that have been unfulfilled in the cold and often rainy conditions happening lately.

to push through this weird mood, I've been upping my baking. (next time this happens maybe I should up my exercising. it wouldn't be hard to improve on my current schedule of not doing anything)

here's a round-up of some of the stuff I've been making lately.

Photo Mar 28, 8 34 57 PM
 I am obsessed OBSESSED with these banana muffins. They don't have any flour or white sugar so I feel like it's ok to eat like three for breakfast. I have started substituting a half cup of wheat flour instead of oats just because we like the texture a bit better. But these are an awesome way to use up the last of your bananas.
 
Photo Apr 14, 6 43 48 PM
I stole this mint limeade recipe from Ashley's pinterest board and it did not disappoint. I think I drank almost all of it by myself and I have no regrets. I think next time I might use a little less sugar and see how that goes. The majority of my liquid intake is just plain old water, so this was sweet enough to kind of shock me.
 
Photo Apr 17, 6 38 50 PM
 I got on a strawberry kick one weekend and made this frozen strawberries and cream dessert (the crust is good enough to eat by itself) and this strawberry summer cake from smitten kitchen. since it was a fruit cake I justified eating it for breakfast. (and you best believe I licked the beater right after this picture was taken)
 
Photo Apr 07, 10 21 43 AM
 this was our kick-ass conference breakfast. this is the third conference in a row we've made breakfast with Ashley and Ray and they just keep getting better and better. (also is it kosher to say ass and conference in the same sentence?) we had this potato hash and angel food cake french toast (yes, that's a thing. a thing you should eat RIGHT NOW). the waffle looking things are actually orange rolls cooked in a waffle maker. Ashley made the asparagus quiche and maybe she'll tell you how someday if you're reeeeal nice.
 
Photo Apr 22, 8 44 53 AM
and finally, I had been hankering for some of those old fashioned iced oatmeal cookies, so I decided to make my own! i'm pretty happy with how they turned out. also, if you want a laugh, look at the original recipe and compare her cookies to mine. I don't even understand how she did that...

Photo Apr 17, 6 29 20 PM
also here's a terrible shot of what my tiny counter looks like in action. it's cramped, but works out. usually.
 
anyone have any great recipes to share? i would love to take badly lit pictures of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment