Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Homemade Croissants

This isn't a recipe post.  Heaven forbid I try to improve upon the methods of the great Joe Pastry


Instead, it's more of a call to arms.
(I can't say that without hearing 30 Seconds to Mars in my head)
 It's a call to arms to break out your rolling pin and flour on a Saturday morning.


 To be brave and believe that you have what it takes to make a flaky French pastry.
To eat something fresh and homemade while the morning sun streams in your window.

I'm sure not everyone gets the same meditative joy in rolling out and shaping dough as I do.
But if you do, please make this croissant dough.  It will change your life.
Make it on an evening when you have a couple of hours, then package it in plastic wrap.
And when you wake up on Saturday morning, you have the dough ready for you.


There's nothing quite as satisfying as this.

And if you need a dough-making partner...?  Well, I'm out of dough.  And I love any excuse to make more.

1 comment: