Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Love quotes.

I've been thinking a lot about the differences between these two sayings.



The sentiments of the first are poetic and idyllic and sweet.  And, let's be real, sappy.
But, in my limited knowledge of being in love for just more than a year or so,
I find the sentiments of the second rather more appropriate.

Because, of all the things in life, the things into which I'm pouring the most effort ought to be the things I care about most.  And certainly my love for my spouse is one of the most important things.
 So as much as I want to naturally be a perfect spouse for my husband,  that's just not real life.
 
Real life is pretending I like the San Jose Sharks as much as the husband.
It's choosing to see that his mega-focus on work and school things does not mean he doesn't love me or want to spend time with me.
It's understanding his life-dreams, and allowing my own to mesh with his.
It's making my like for dinosaurs become more of a love because he's so obsessed.

And no, none of these things really come naturally.
I mean, they do?  But only when I let my love for him matter more than my love for me.

And when he's doing the same, well that there is real life love, isn't it?

I'm just spit-balling.  All those who certainly know more about love are free to give your input.
Set me on a better course.
Maybe the first quote is better?  (Don't tell me that; I won't believe it)

No comments:

Post a Comment